HTCTW is a 16-week long boot-camp style experience that walks you through step-by-step on how to get your idea going. Each week students are exposed to best practices in the social entrepreneurial space, given specific assignments to complete, and supported with additional resources.
They also launch their own movement, organization or thought leadership platform in real-time.
The semester culminates in the HTCTW Mini-Summit, when the students present their ideas to a carefully selected, invite-only audience.
GRASSROOT(S) GARAGE METHODOLOGY
Students get trained in the “Grassroot(s) Garage” approach to innovative change – a curriculum that helps you put one foot in front of another…:
- Building a Values-Based Community
- Constructing an Issue-Based Platform
- Engineering an Effective Social Media Architecture
- Power Networking
- Creative Content Campaigning
Students build movements, organizations, and thought leadership platforms to bring forth a more just and livable world. They also launch their movement, organization or thought leadership platform in real-time.
WHAT YOU GET
Structured to support and connect current students to the world of social entrepreneurship.
- Accelerated knowledge and skills development
- Peer-to-peer Coaching
- Connections to high-caliber mentors
- Access to an active Alumni network
- You become part of a family and build long-term relationships
- Mentoring from dr H is on-going. You get life-time access.
- ECON 490C: How to Change the World
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 – 4:45 pm (Spring 2019)
- Pre-requisites are Econ 201 and Econ 202 (there is some flexibility here)